Construction & Engineering Treaty and Facultative Reinsurance
Treaty: Pro rata (quota share & surplus); excess of loss (on both losses occurring and risks attaching during) and aggregate covers, coverage/treaty limits on sum insured basis or Probable Maximum Loss (PML) basis.
Facultative: Pro rata or Excess of Loss
Typical Ceding Company:
We provide capacity on a worldwide basis to cedants/clients with local, regional and global risk portfolios.
Our portfolio appetite will include the following classes:
- Construction/Contractors All Risks (CAR)
- Engineering/Erection All Risks (EAR)
- Advanced Loss of Profits (ALOP) / Delay in Start Up (DSU)
- Third Party Liability in connection with CAR/EAR
- Machinery Breakdown/Business Interruption, Industrial All Risk
- Operational Risk for Energy
- Contractor’s Plant and Equipment
- Computer & Electronic Equipment
- Deterioration of Stock
- Inherent Defect Insurance/Decennial Insurance
Our experience is broad, including but not limited to projects in the following sectors:
- Commercial and industrial construction projects (hospitals, hotels, office, manufacturing, residential, retail, schools, warehouses)
- Infrastructure/civil works (airports, bridges, electrical, pipelines, railway lines, roads, telecommunications)
- Oil & Gas
- Power generation - fossil fuel, hydroelectric plants, nuclear plants, renewables
- Industrial plants (food, cement, pulp & paper)
Territorial coverage: Worldwide
Our dedicated underwriters strive to be open to new ideas, concepts and innovative ways for the design of engineering & construction treaties & facultative risks.