Subcontractor Default Insurance
Coverage for North America
- Subcontractor Default Insurance (SDI) provides coverage for economic loss incurred by a general contractor or construction manager caused by a default of performance of their subcontractor(s), including both direct and indirect costs.
- Coverage is provided on a project enrollment basis and is non-admitted.
BENEFITS AND SERVICES
- Our risk engineering and claim service team draws from field project management and SDI experience to help improve your overall cost of risk.
- We use an integrated approach that focuses on feedback and communication throughout your program.
- We provide consultation, training, and best practices including:
- SDI Program startup/management
- Implementing key controls, including benchmarking:
- Sub prequalification
- Quality management
- Project Reviews
- Lessons learned and claims trends training
- Emerging trends/issues
- Default management/mitigation
- Claims management, documentation, and resolution
- North America Commercial general contractors (GC) and construction managers (CM) with USD 100 million or more in annual subcontract costs.