Covering legal risks in real estate and energy projects, mergers & acquisitions, and mortgage finance.
- Insurance: UK, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America, Australia
- Reinsurance: United States, India, and globally on a facultative basis
Secure Legal Title
Read more about Secure Legal Title, a member of AXA Grouphere
- Title to property
- Title to shares in M&A transactions
- Fundamental warranties top-up in Warranty & Indemnity policies
- Planning and permitting in real estate and energy projects
Benefits & Services
Real Estate: Legal risks in property sales, purchases and in mortgage finance, including: ownership and leasehold titles, defects and liens on the title, legal access to property planning, zoning and building permit issues. Cover may be available both for undisclosed risks and for risks identified in legal due diligence. Title Insurance is particularly relevant for new real estate developments.
Shares: Share title risks in Merger & Acquisition transactions, including: ownership defects and liens on the shares, authority and capacity of the seller.
Energy and Infrastructure Projects: Cover for building and operating permit risks to secure the interests of equity investors and lenders.
Warranty & Indemnity: Cover for fundamental warranties in M&A transactions and top-up in Warranty & Indemnity policies.
AXA XL Combined Title and W&I Policy: Working together, our global Title and M&A teams provide cover for representations and warranties in sale and purchase agreements, including full enterprise value cover for fundamental warranties and in some cases for disclosed risks.
Mortgage Portfolios: Cover for title risks in the underlying properties and for the registration and priority of the mortgages in the portfolio.
- Institutional Investors – Commercial Projects
- Real estate equity investors and developers
- Private equity funds
- Energy and infrastructure investors and developers
- Property end-users (logistics, hospitality, retail companies)
- Law Firms (as advisors to our Clients)
- Specialized Programs, including for residential and resort developments, inheritance risk and other bespoke cover.
- Mortgage lenders, including banks and debt funds
- Securitization of mortgage portfolios, including NPL portfolios
- Real estate portfolios