Political Risk and Credit Insurance
Insuring against Political and Credit risks in a complex and rapidly evolving global marketplace
- Political Risk Investment (PRI): Confiscation, expropriation, nationalization, currency inconvertibility, political violence and arbitration award default (Up to 20 years per policy)
- Contract Frustration (CF): Non-payment by public sector borrowers, licence cancellation, trade embargo, war (Up to 20 years per policy)
- Credit Insurance: Non-payment by private sector obligor, project/infrastructure finance (Up to 20 years per policy)
Benefits & Services
Exchange uncertainty for certainty with our bespoke solutions and wordings from our innovative, market leading underwriting teams. We take pride in our ability to offer flexible and customisable policies to satisfy our clients’ needs.
We can issue policies from the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Singapore, Bermuda, Canada, Brazil and Australia, as well as Lloyd’s Syndicate 2003, to accommodate licensing and geographical location requirements. With underwriters in New York, London, Paris, Madrid, Singapore, Hamilton, Toronto, Washington and Sydney, we provide local, same-time-zone access to our global team of experts.
All of our products are backed by the financial strength of AXA Group that clients can count on.
- Multilateral development banks, development financial institutions, export credit agencies
- Global and leading regional financial institutions
- Mobile asset financiers
- Exporters and manufacturers
- Commodity traders
- Engineering/procurement/construction contractors
Financial Institutions, Multilateral & Governmental Agencies
We are committed to partnering with financial institutions, agencies and government-sponsored enterprises on everything from individual credit transactions to large portfolios to create tailored solutions to help you do what you do best.
Individual Credit Transaction We offer coverage for single-risk credit transactions against non-payment by the obligor. This can be used to support one-off transactions that may be unusual or challenging due to internal aggregation constraints or to support bespoke structures crafted for the specific needs of the transaction or sector. Wordings are matched to the particular risk to provide prompt payment in the event of a covered loss.
Portfolio Coverage We are able to cover multiple credit transaction obligations in the event of non-payment losses. This coverage can be customised to help manage exposure aggregations to cover losses to a portfolio within certain parameters including timing and loss sizes. This approach allows for significant exposures and potential fiscal burden to the taxpayer to be mitigated, with the option to modify and enhance coverage over time.
Capacity Up to 20 years per policy
Typical Information Required For an initial assessment, please supply a full executive summary of the proposed request.