XL Catlin forms new management team for EMEA, Asia Pac and Latam reinsurance business
London, UK - September 06, 2018
XL Catlin’s reinsurance operations today announced it has formed a new management team with oversight of Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia Pacific and Latin America reinsurance business.
The establishment of the team sees a number of individuals stepping up and into new roles:
• David Watson, previously Chief Executive, EMEA and International Casualty, has expanded his regional responsibility by adding Asia Pacific and Latin America to his leadership remit, and takes on the new title of Chief Executive, International, Reinsurance.
• Peter Schmidt takes on a dual role as Chief Executive, Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America and Chief Underwriting Officer for Credit and Surety. In this role, Mr. Schmidt takes on responsibility for the day-to-day management of branches across Latin America, Middle East and Asia Pacific, while also leading the strategy for Credit and Surety lines.
• Bertrand Romagne will also take on a dual role as Chief Executive, Europe and Chief Underwriting Officer for Property and Casualty, joining Mr. Watson and Mr. Schmidt on XL Catlin’s reinsurance leadership team.
• Tom Harris takes on the role of Head of Pricing and Analytics for the International region.
• Shamoon Hussain is appointed Head of Claims, International. In this role Mr. Hussain, who is also responsible for London and EMEA , adds Asia Pacific and Latin America to his remit of leading both technical claims and claims processing.
• The Operations team including the Chief of Staff function will be led by Patrizia Baur.
Commenting, Charles Cooper, Chief Executive, Reinsurance said: “I believe this structure will further strengthen our proposition to our clients and enable us to fully deliver our global client and product strategy.”
XL Catlin has four reinsurance underwriting regions: London, led by Rob Littlemore; Bermuda, led by Jonathan Gale; North America, led by John Welch; and now International, led by David Watson, all of whom report to Charles Cooper, Chief Executive, Reinsurance.
About XL Catlin’s Reinsurance Operations
XL Catlin reinsurance companies are among the world’s leading reinsurers. They offer products that include aerospace, property, casualty, marine and specialty. The world’s top insurers choose XL Catlin to help move their businesses forward. To learn more, visit xlcatlin.com.
About XL Catlin
XL Catlin is the global brand used by XL Group Ltd’s (NYSE:XL) insurance and reinsurance companies which provide property, casualty, professional and specialty products to industrial, commercial and professional firms, insurance companies and other enterprises throughout the world. Clients look to XL Catlin for answers to their most complex risks and to help move their world forward. To learn more, visit xlcatlin.com.