Cyber Insurance – International
- Up to GBP 20m / Euro 25m / USD 25m
- Primary and excess coverage available
Modular policy format comprising of:
Third party liability:
- Data breach security and privacy liability
- Media internet communications
First party losses:
- Business interruption and extra expense
- Loss / destruction of electronic assets
- First party incident responses including IT forensics, notification costs, call centre and PR expenses
- Privacy regulatory defence costs and coverage of regulatory fines and penalties (where insurable by law) arising from a privacy or security wrongful act
- Data restoration
- Cyber extortion
What makes our policy different?
Our policy form is easy to read and navigate. Our policy includes broad terms and extensive coverage for emerging risks. More specifically, the policy provides for:
- Expanded privacy and security coverage to include confidential business information in addition to personally identifiable information and protected health information
- Broad definition of personally identifiable information (PII) - includes unencrypted information
- Enhanced privacy regulatory coverage, including any fines and penalties assessed (where insurable by law) arising from a privacy or security wrongful act
- One coverage grant for data breach response and crisis management costs, including voluntary notification and the costs of a PCI forensic investigator to conduct an audit after a breach or suspected breach
- Coverage for PCI fines and assessments available by endorsement
- Coverage for a wide range of business interruption trigger (including outsource service providers) available by endorsement
When a data breach, virus or business interruption event occurs, response time is critical. We’ve partnered with leading global breach response providers to help you navigate these sensitive situations.
Breach response partners
As part of our Cyber coverage, we provide access to best-in-class breach response services with specialised teams who are ready to help 24/7. They specialise in:
- Computer forensics
- Data breach notification and call centre services
- Credit and ID monitoring
- Expert legal counsel
- Public relations
Contact us for more information on our partners.
The information contained herein is intended for informational purposes only. It’s is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Insurance coverage in any particular case will depend upon the type of policy in effect, the terms, conditions and exclusions in any such policy, and the facts of each unique situation. No representation is made that any specific insurance coverage would apply in the circumstances outlined herein. Please refer to the individual policy forms for specific coverage details. AXA XL is a division of AXA Group providing products and services through four business groups: AXA XL Insurance, AXA XL Reinsurance, AXA XL Art & Lifestyle and AXA XL Risk Consulting. In the US, the AXA XL insurance companies are: AXA Insurance Company, Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company and T.H.E. Insurance Company. In Canada, coverages are underwritten by XL Specialty Insurance Company - Canadian Branch and AXA Insurance Company - Canadian branch. Coverages may also be underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003. Coverages underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are placed on behalf of the member of Syndicate #2003 by Catlin Canada Inc. Lloyd’s ratings are independent of AXA Group. Not all of the insurers do business in all jurisdictions nor is coverage available in all jurisdictions.