For design professionals—win or lose—the cost of litigation can be devastating to your practice unless you are properly insured. That’s why adding EPL coverage to your AXA XL Insurance Professional Liability policy makes good sense. We’ve served the A/E/C industry for over 40 years and have an in-depth understanding of the risks you face. Our EPL coverage is another way we can help protect your assets and your reputation with the financial strength to pay claims, and a commitment to long-term business partnerships.
Not just a policy. A partner.
Could this happen to you?
Read some claims scenarios
- Limits starting at USD $50K up to USD $1M for Employment Practices Liability, including third-party coverage
- Dedicated limits, separate from your professional liability limit
- Additional limits and coverage options available on a standalone basis from the AXA’s Private Commercial team, up to USD $5M
Offering the convenience of one policy, this coverage is available as an endorsement with dedicated limits, separate from your professional liability limit.
- Wrongful Termination
- Failure to Hire
- Broad definition of Insured
- Broad definition of Employment Practices Wrongful Act
- Definition of Damages includes back and front pay, pre- and post-judgment interest, multiplied damages and attorneys’ fees
- Defense for ADA and written employee contract claims
- Third-party coverage for claims from non-employees
Benefits & Services
Loss Prevention Services
- EPL Loss Prevention Hotline for quick access to EPL attorneys who can answer your questions.
- Access to AXA Employment Practices Liability Risk Management resources through the convenience of AXA’s Learning Management System (LMS)
Industry-leading claims service
Our Employment Practices Liability claims team is comprised of seasoned professionals who understand the intricacies of EPL claims. Our approved law firms specialize in EPL and are dedicated to providing clients with superior advice and service to help navigate the complicated landscape of EPL. We partner with you to a reach a successful outcome.
Information and Research
The information contained herein is intended for informational purposes only. It’s is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Insurance coverage in any particular case will depend upon the type of policy in effect, the terms, conditions and exclusions in any such policy, and the facts of each unique situation. No representation is made that any specific insurance coverage would apply in the circumstances outlined herein. Please refer to the individual policy forms for specific coverage details. AXA XL is a division of AXA Group providing products and services through four business groups: AXA XL Insurance, AXA XL Reinsurance, AXA XL Art & Lifestyle and AXA XL Risk Consulting. In the US, the AXA XL insurance companies are: AXA Insurance Company, Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company and T.H.E. Insurance Company. In Canada, coverages are underwritten by XL Specialty Insurance Company - Canadian Branch and AXA Insurance Company - Canadian branch. Coverages may also be underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003. Coverages underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are placed on behalf of the member of Syndicate #2003 by Catlin Canada Inc. Lloyd’s ratings are independent of AXA Group. Not all of the insurers do business in all jurisdictions nor is coverage available in all jurisdictions.