With more than 25 years of experience as a marine insurance underwriter and claims handler, Marcel is able to understand where his clients have come from and where they’re going.
- Marine Hull Insurance
- Marine Liability Insurance Coverage
- Marine Cargo Insurance and Freight Liability
- Marine Insurance – Ports and Terminals
- Builder's Risk & Inland Marine Insurance
- Motor Truck Cargo Insurance
- Warehouse Legal Liability Insurance
- EMEAAustria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey , Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Jersey, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Malta, Man, Island of, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City State (Holy See)
Marcel manages Marine Insurance for the Benelux region. His expertise includes cargo, marine liabilities, project cargo, blue and brown water hull, builders’ risks, land-based equipment and global programs for multinational clients.
Before joining AXA XL in 2007, Marcel served as a senior marine underwriter at a major marine insurance company in the Netherlands. He is a member of Marine Insurance Associates Netherlands.
Recent Activities and Publications
TITLE: Member, ORGANIZATION: Marine Insurance Associates Netherlands, YEAR: 1991, WEB LINK: www.mianederland.nl
This expert profile is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Insurance Company of New York Inc., XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A., T.H.E Insurance Company and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #1209 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL corporate capital; coverages underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are placed on behalf of the member of Syndicate #2003 by Catlin Canada Inc. and Catlin Insurance Services, Inc. For a complete listing of the US companies and for more information about our Lloyd’s operations see our Legal Notices page.