A recognized expert in the crisis management insurance industry, David is skilled at working with companies operating in hostile or otherwise complex parts of the world. His passion is to find solutions that help clients pursue opportunities for growth.
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Consumer Goods and Services
- Food and Drink
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- IT and Telecom
- Industrial Materials, Goods and Services
- Professional Services
- Public Sector, Education and Culture
- Real Estate
- AmericasCanada, Colombia, Guam, United States
- Asia PacificAfghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Fiji, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Korea, South, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Phillipines, Samoa, Samoa, American, Singapore, Solomon, Islands, Sri Lanka (ex Ceilan), Thailand, Timor Leste (West), Tonga, Vanuatu, Vietnam
- EMEAArmenia, Azerbaijan, France, Georgia, Germany, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- UK & IrelandUnited Kingdom
David is an Underwriting Manager for crisis management insurance in the Asia-Pacific region, covering war, terrorism, political violence, product recall, kidnap, ransom, extortion and personal accident.
After starting his career as a marine cargo and hull underwriter, David has specialized in terrorism, war and political violence insurance for more than a decade. At Hiscox in London, he underwrote and developed terrorism, war and political violence policies for global clients across 150 countries. He was responsible for Hiscox’s portfolio with Lloyd's and managed a team of underwriters based in London.
David was a longstanding member of the Lloyd's Market Association Terrorism and Political Violence Panel and served as the deputy chairman for more than two years. In the 2012 Gracechurch London Underwriter Survey, he was ranked #1 by brokers in the War and Geopolitical Risk market and his team was ranked #1 for bench strength.
David is a frequent speaker and contributor to various industry trade publications and conferences. He is based in Singapore.
Recent Activities and Publications
- Awards – 2012 Gracechurch London Underwriter Survey he was ranked #1 by brokers in the War & Geopolitical Risk market.
- Presentations – previously spoken at various JLT Communications Media & Technology forums, Insuring Export Credit & Political Risk events, Willis Hospitality & Leisure Seminars in India and Mexico, Aon Political Violence Seminar in Thailand.
This expert profile is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Insurance Company of New York Inc., XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A., T.H.E Insurance Company and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #1209 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL corporate capital; coverages underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are placed on behalf of the member of Syndicate #2003 by Catlin Canada Inc. and Catlin Insurance Services, Inc. For a complete listing of the US companies and for more information about our Lloyd’s operations see our Legal Notices page.