Construction projects face a wide variety of risks at every stage. I have specialized knowledge to tailor insurance solutions for the complex technical risks of domestic standard to international large scale construction projects. I have broad experience working internationally across cultures and my team and myself contribute to make sure your construction project is running smoothly and done safely.
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Construction and Design
- Consumer Goods and Services
- Food and Drink
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Industrial Materials, Goods and Services
- IT and Telecom
- Professional Services
- Public Sector, Education and Culture
- Real Estate
- AmericasCanada, United States
- Asia PacificAustralia, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan
- EMEAAlgeria, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey , Hungary, Iceland, Iraq, Italy, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malta, Man, Island of, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morroco, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Vatican City State (Holy See), Yemen, Zimbabwe
- GeographyAlgeria, Americas, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey , Hungary, Iceland, India, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malta, Man, Island of, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morroco, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City State (Holy See), Yemen, Zimbabwe
- UK & IrelandIreland, United Kingdom
I am an Underwriting Manager leading the International and Swiss Construction Team based in Zurich. I joined Winterthur International in 1999 (later acquired by AXA XL). I bring an extensive knowledge across a variety of industries and I am expert in crafting Contractors’ all risks / Erection all risks (CAR/EAR) solutions internationally.
My tenure with AXA included a one-year post in New York developing insurance solutions alongside project finance transactions arranged by Credit Suisse First Boston.
Before entering the world of insurance, I gained 14 years’ experience in the construction industry designing, calculating and inspecting engineering projects.
Associate in Risk Management Diploma (ARM),
Business Engineer STV,
Construction Engineer HTL,
Apprenticeship as a Civil Engineer Draughtsman, CAD Operator and Civil and Construction Engineer.
Years of experience
In Insurance since 1999 to date with Winterthur International (acquired by AXA), AXA Insurance located in Switzerland, including a one year post in New York arranged by Credit Suisse First Boston.
Before joining AXA, Christian designed calculated and inspected projects and gathered 14 years’ experience in the construction industry at Heierli AG and Ernst Basler & Partner.
Started his career with an apprenticeship as a Civil Engineer Draughtsman, CAD Operator and Civil and Construction Engineer.
• ARM Associate Risk Management,
• Dipl. Business Engineer STV,
• Dipl. Construction Engineer HTL,
Recent Activities and Publications
This expert profile is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Products are subject to legal and underwriting requirements. Coverages may not be available in all jurisdictions, including without limitation any jurisdiction within the United States, and may be available only through appropriately licensed producers. In addition, XL GAPS’s provision of publications or services is not an indication of the existence or availability under any policy of coverage for any particular property or type of loss or damage. Policies underwritten from Bermuda, Brazil, China, Mexico, Switzerland, or written by XL Insurance Company SE are only available through non US-based brokers. The Insurance companies of XL Group Ltd are: Catlin Indemnity Company, Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., Catlin Specialty Insurance Company, Greenwich Insurance Company, Indian Harbor Insurance Company, XL Insurance America, Inc., XL Specialty Insurance Company, XL Insurance Company of New York Inc., XL Bermuda Ltd, XL Insurance Company SE, XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd, XL Insurance (China) Company Limited, XL Seguros Brasil S.A., T.H.E Insurance Company and XL Insurance Mexico SA de CV. Coverages placed with Lloyd’s Syndicate #1209 are managed by Catlin Underwriting Agencies Limited and supported by XL corporate capital; coverages underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate #2003 are placed on behalf of the member of Syndicate #2003 by Catlin Canada Inc. and Catlin Insurance Services, Inc. For a complete listing of the US companies and for more information about our Lloyd’s operations see our Legal Notices page.